Small businesses need accurate, useful, and clear information about high-stakes topics to help them succeed. High-quality content has always been the backbone of ZarMoney’s growth strategy. We’ve had breakout successes, and now we’re looking for a content leader to take us into the next phase of growth.
As ZarMoneys Head of Editorial, you’ll lead the strategy, tactics, and execution of our content marketing engine. You’ll use qualitative and quantitative data, SEO best practices, and a user-centric mindset to innovate on our existing program, owning our editorial calendar, voice and tone, and influencer program. You’ll partner with our social team to think deeply about distribution and audience development, and you’ll work closely with the communications and product marketing teams on data storytelling, product-related content, and other impactful initiatives. You’ll also be tasked with building out our editorial team in the coming financial year.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own and steer our editorial calendar, ensuring what we create brings value to an expanding digital audience of small business owners, accountants, and employees.
- Partner with our social team to bring a distribution-first mindset to our content calendar.
- Conduct keyword, user, and competitive research to ensure we’re growing topline metrics of traffic and leads.
- Oversee the look, feel, and user experience of our editorial properties.
- Build and manage a team of internal and external writers, editors, and influencers.
- Set native voice, tone, visual, interactive, and topical standards for all our distribution points.
- Own and drive content marketing KPIs related to traffic and leads.
- Create programmatic content production capabilities utilizing existing business activities (like research, product development, customer care), and internal and external experts and spokespeople.
- Develop production processes and workflows that scale with quality.
- Manage our editorial budget.
- Optimize all content for SEO to increase SERP rankings, inbound links, and organic traffic.
- Develop and execute influencer activations across different verticals.
- Supercharge data-driven storytelling activities in partnership with the communications team to generate links and build domain authority
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7-10 years of B2B content marketing experience and a BA/BS degree
- Experience building and managing high-performance teams with high-impact content production capabilities
- Experience driving revenue-focused growth
- Fluency with data analysis and proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to think holistically about content and business strategy, and incorporate quantitative and qualitative insights into content execution
- Superior writing and editing skills
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization, as well as external thought leaders, contractors, and partners
- Passionate about ZarMoney’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Familiarity with tools like Google Analytics, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Wordpress, Yoast etc.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at ZarMoney.